I love books, and this blog is about my personal experience of reading. I would love to hear about yours.



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

For All the Books I've Loved Before (And Now, And In Future) . . .

I've loved books all my life.  Reading has been my favourite hobby in good times.  It has also been a solace in tough times, like the ones we are experiencing at the moment, in my home country of Ireland and all over the world.  A life lived through books is not necessarily an escape from reality: reading can be a guide to living, and a way of connecting with others.  I've started this blog in the hope that I can keep writing as well as reading, and share the stories, memories and thoughts that the books I love inspire in me.  I would also love to hear the ideas and opinions that these books, along with the many I have yet to discover, inspire in other readers out there.  Below is an image that sums up my childhood idea of perfect joy:



I wasn't the only child who saw this as the ultimate happiness.  I would love to hear about your experiences with books.

No comments:

Post a Comment